If God were a blogger in heaven and blogged his point of view
Do you think we’d see the folly of the many things we do?
He may blog of similar issues that Earth’s leaders do debate
Of rights and fights and freedoms and the union of our state
With loving words and a special font I’m sure he’d teach us how
Though the nature of the flesh is such that we often stand when we should bow
Would his domain receive a PageRank that pushed a 9 or 10?
Or would we link to other websites like Homestar and CNN?
And in our favorites and cookies would we find foremost God’s Blog
Or would those files be resigned to archives on unused server logs?
Truthfully, The Man doth speak and his words are found today
And a blog is neat, but not requisite, to hear them and obey
So bookmark now this techie’s thought of the need for God to blog
And when you think that God’s not real don’t check your server log
Just find a time to be alone, to listen and be still
And in those quiet moments you will feel your Father’s will
His love is there. His peace is real. No earthly good can ‘er replace
The power and the beauty of God’s Word to Human Race
by R. Arthur Mendenhall
- His Last Week – Readings Jesus entered into Jerusalem today, he cleansed the temple and spent the night in Bethany 2 miles outside of the Holy City. Over the course of this week he showed his power, performed miracles, taught and finally suffered for all mankind in the Garden of Gethsemane and was crucified on Golgotha. Each day this week…
- Opening Our Hearts – Elder Gerald N. Lund The Holy Ghost is a precious gift... Do I harden my heart? Then I'll receive LESS of the Lord's word. Do I soften my heart? Then I'll receive MORE of the Lord's word. Responsibilities of the Holy Spirit... comforts, teaches, warns, enlightens and inspires us. It will show unto you ALL things what you should…
- Out of Small Things Elder Michael J. Teh Of the Seventy Talk Audio "We need to enlarge the circle of our influence" - This reminds me to break free from any cliques that we can quite easily establish and seek to include all. "To some degree we all depend on each other to be able to make it back…
- Testimony Testimony is a declaration of the things you have come to know through he who testifies of all truth, the Holy Ghost. Doctrines studied and practiced with the hope that they are indeed God's word allows us the gift of the Spirit, who testifies to us, strengthening our testimony. This process is known as faith:…
- Preserving a Mighty Change of Heart I wrote not long ago about my journey to find out the truth of the Book of Mormon for myself. It was intensely powerful and I used to think that because I felt the passion and drive the Book brings that I would always feel it. I've since learned that's not exactly how life works.…
- Clean Hands and a Pure Heart Clean Hands and a Pure Heart Elder David A. Bednar "The purpose of our mortal journey is not merely to see the sights on earth or to expend our allotment of time on self-centered pursuits; rather, we are to 'walk in newness of life', to become sanctified by yielding our hearts unto God, and to…
- Restoring Faith in the Family Elder Kenneth Johnson Of the Seventy "Stable families provide the fabric that holds society together, benefiting all mankind, even those who may feel they live in less-favorable circumstances." There have been a handful or two times in this life where I have felt so overwhelmed with the Spirit of God that both His existence and…