If God were a blogger in heaven and blogged his point of view
Do you think we’d see the folly of the many things we do?
He may blog of similar issues that Earth’s leaders do debate
Of rights and fights and freedoms and the union of our state
With loving words and a special font I’m sure he’d teach us how
Though the nature of the flesh is such that we often stand when we should bow
Would his domain receive a PageRank that pushed a 9 or 10?
Or would we link to other websites like Homestar and CNN?
And in our favorites and cookies would we find foremost God’s Blog
Or would those files be resigned to archives on unused server logs?
Truthfully, The Man doth speak and his words are found today
And a blog is neat, but not requisite, to hear them and obey
So bookmark now this techie’s thought of the need for God to blog
And when you think that God’s not real don’t check your server log
Just find a time to be alone, to listen and be still
And in those quiet moments you will feel your Father’s will
His love is there. His peace is real. No earthly good can ‘er replace
The power and the beauty of God’s Word to Human Race
by R. Arthur Mendenhall
- Out of Small Things Elder Michael J. Teh Of the Seventy Talk Audio "We need to enlarge the circle of our influence" - This reminds me to break free from any cliques that we can quite easily establish and seek to include all. "To some degree we all depend on each other to be able to make it back…
- My Words Never Cease I'd like to dedicate this post to my friend Charles. It's been a little while since I took some time to get out of myself. The other week I stepped out of my usual self-absorbed role to wear the hat of a missionary again. Our ward mission leader had asked for several ward members to…
- None Were With Him “Brothers and sisters, one of the great consolations of this Easter season is that because Jesus walked such a long, lonely path utterly alone, we do not have to do so. His solitary journey brought great company for our little version of that path—the merciful care of our Father in Heaven, the unfailing companionship of…
- Good, Better, Best Good, Better, Best Elder Dallin H. Oaks Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles I found Elder Oaks talk directly applicable to me this week. I've been in a what may be termed a "spiritual tailspin." And it's just so easy, much easier that I ever thought possible, to just keep doing everything the same…
- Testimony Testimony is a declaration of the things you have come to know through he who testifies of all truth, the Holy Ghost. Doctrines studied and practiced with the hope that they are indeed God's word allows us the gift of the Spirit, who testifies to us, strengthening our testimony. This process is known as faith:…
- Clean Hands and a Pure Heart Clean Hands and a Pure Heart Elder David A. Bednar "The purpose of our mortal journey is not merely to see the sights on earth or to expend our allotment of time on self-centered pursuits; rather, we are to 'walk in newness of life', to become sanctified by yielding our hearts unto God, and to…
- Live by Faith and Not by Fear Live by Faith and Not by Fear Elder Quentin L. Cook Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles "When we choose to follow Christ in faith rather than choosing another path out of fear, we are blessed with a consequence that is consistent with our choice (see D&C 6:34-36)." Recently in my life I've been…