If God were a blogger in heaven and blogged his point of view
Do you think we’d see the folly of the many things we do?
He may blog of similar issues that Earth’s leaders do debate
Of rights and fights and freedoms and the union of our state
With loving words and a special font I’m sure he’d teach us how
Though the nature of the flesh is such that we often stand when we should bow
Would his domain receive a PageRank that pushed a 9 or 10?
Or would we link to other websites like Homestar and CNN?
And in our favorites and cookies would we find foremost God’s Blog
Or would those files be resigned to archives on unused server logs?
Truthfully, The Man doth speak and his words are found today
And a blog is neat, but not requisite, to hear them and obey
So bookmark now this techie’s thought of the need for God to blog
And when you think that God’s not real don’t check your server log
Just find a time to be alone, to listen and be still
And in those quiet moments you will feel your Father’s will
His love is there. His peace is real. No earthly good can ‘er replace
The power and the beauty of God’s Word to Human Race
by R. Arthur Mendenhall
- Live by Faith and Not by Fear Live by Faith and Not by Fear Elder Quentin L. Cook Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles "When we choose to follow Christ in faith rather than choosing another path out of fear, we are blessed with a consequence that is consistent with our choice (see D&C 6:34-36)." Recently in my life I've been…
- Watching Grass Grow This started as a comment I posted on the imported Facebook Note of my blog post Simplifying Stuff that I felt deserved it's own showing on the floor room of my blog. So, during this last conference I had an interesting experience. I hadn't felt solid strength in conference for some time, ESP not like…
- A Royal Priesthood & A Baby Blessing A Royal Priesthood President Thomas S. Monson “Ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.” ~ 1 Peter 2:9 Such an appropriate talk for "a would be king" that…
- He is Risen…He is Risen Indeed! I had a great week leading up to Easter today. I enjoyed studying about the last week of our Savior and felt closer to Him as I did so. I often feel the pull of the world and today, to know that through Christ's resurrection I have life was a good feeling. Though I walk…
- Testimony Testimony is a declaration of the things you have come to know through he who testifies of all truth, the Holy Ghost. Doctrines studied and practiced with the hope that they are indeed God's word allows us the gift of the Spirit, who testifies to us, strengthening our testimony. This process is known as faith:…
- Claim the Exceeding Great and Precious Promises Claim the Exceeding Great and Precious Promises by Elder Spencer J. Condie "And God remembered Rachel." After being with my dear friend Rachel last week for the blessing of her lovely Thomas, I realized that my Father in Heaven DOES love his children. His love was evident in the blessing. His love was evident in…
- My Words Never Cease I'd like to dedicate this post to my friend Charles. It's been a little while since I took some time to get out of myself. The other week I stepped out of my usual self-absorbed role to wear the hat of a missionary again. Our ward mission leader had asked for several ward members to…