A little after October General Conference 2007 I decided to get some friends to join with me in reading and discussing conference talks. The result was the Facebook Group Walk the Talk .
Here’s what it’s about:
Walk the Talk is a fun and easy way to review LDS General Conference talks during each 6 month “testing period” between groups of semi-annual sessions.
1. Each Sunday look to the WALL and/or your email for the 2 talks to study and apply for the week. You can study one or both of them.
2. The following Sunday (or whenever you can) return to post any inspiration/thoughts you had while reading and applying it. Do this in the Discussion Topic of the talk.
The only requirement is that you have a hunger for the knowledge and truth of God. We’ll be focusing on application of the talks, hence the group name, “Walk the Talk.”
Everyone is welcome to join, LDS and those of other faiths alike. Some talks will be specific to LDS, but the principles of all talks are deeply important to all mankind.
If you love it, invite your family and friends.
The promise stands that if you do the Will of God…he will reveal to you that you are on the path to salvation. (http://scriptures.lds.org/en/john/7/17#17)
If you have a blog and wish to post your thoughts on the talks there, great! Just make sure to come on by and post a link on the applicable discussion board topic.
Revelation, Priesthood, Prophets, Apostles, First Presidency, LDS, Mormon, Latter-Day Saint, Book of Mormon, Bible, Christianity, Jesus Christ, Heavenly Father, Faith, Love, Charity, Hope, Obedience, Righteousness, Diligence, Temple Square, Gordon B. Hinckley, Thomas S. Monson, Henry B. Eyring, Boyd K. Packer, L.Tom Perry, Russell M. Nelson, Dallin H. Oaks, M. Russell Ballard, Joseph B. Wirthlin, Richard G. Scott, Robert D. Hales, Jeffery R. Holland, Dieter F. Uchtdorf, David A. Bednar, Quentin L. Cook
We’d love to have you join us!
When I Posted
March 2014 M T W T F S S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Out of Small Things Elder Michael J. Teh Of the Seventy Talk Audio "We need to enlarge the circle of our influence" - This reminds me to break free from any cliques that we can quite easily establish and seek to include all. "To some degree we all depend on each other to be able to make it back…
- He is Risen…He is Risen Indeed! I had a great week leading up to Easter today. I enjoyed studying about the last week of our Savior and felt closer to Him as I did so. I often feel the pull of the world and today, to know that through Christ's resurrection I have life was a good feeling. Though I walk…
- Restoring Faith in the Family Elder Kenneth Johnson Of the Seventy "Stable families provide the fabric that holds society together, benefiting all mankind, even those who may feel they live in less-favorable circumstances." There have been a handful or two times in this life where I have felt so overwhelmed with the Spirit of God that both His existence and…
- My Words Never Cease I'd like to dedicate this post to my friend Charles. It's been a little while since I took some time to get out of myself. The other week I stepped out of my usual self-absorbed role to wear the hat of a missionary again. Our ward mission leader had asked for several ward members to…
- Setting a Spiritual Tone for the Week As I begin this new week I am excited to start it with the spiritual push of friends that have assembled together in the Facebook group, Walk The Talk. It'll be nice to begin with a little help from my friends. I'm also going to pick a question that will guide my study for the…
- A Royal Priesthood & A Baby Blessing A Royal Priesthood President Thomas S. Monson “Ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.” ~ 1 Peter 2:9 Such an appropriate talk for "a would be king" that…
- Opening Our Hearts – Elder Gerald N. Lund The Holy Ghost is a precious gift... Do I harden my heart? Then I'll receive LESS of the Lord's word. Do I soften my heart? Then I'll receive MORE of the Lord's word. Responsibilities of the Holy Spirit... comforts, teaches, warns, enlightens and inspires us. It will show unto you ALL things what you should…