A little after October General Conference 2007 I decided to get some friends to join with me in reading and discussing conference talks. The result was the Facebook Group Walk the Talk .
Here’s what it’s about:
Walk the Talk is a fun and easy way to review LDS General Conference talks during each 6 month “testing period” between groups of semi-annual sessions.
1. Each Sunday look to the WALL and/or your email for the 2 talks to study and apply for the week. You can study one or both of them.
2. The following Sunday (or whenever you can) return to post any inspiration/thoughts you had while reading and applying it. Do this in the Discussion Topic of the talk.
The only requirement is that you have a hunger for the knowledge and truth of God. We’ll be focusing on application of the talks, hence the group name, “Walk the Talk.”
Everyone is welcome to join, LDS and those of other faiths alike. Some talks will be specific to LDS, but the principles of all talks are deeply important to all mankind.
If you love it, invite your family and friends.
The promise stands that if you do the Will of God…he will reveal to you that you are on the path to salvation. (http://scriptures.lds.org/en/john/7/17#17)
If you have a blog and wish to post your thoughts on the talks there, great! Just make sure to come on by and post a link on the applicable discussion board topic.
Revelation, Priesthood, Prophets, Apostles, First Presidency, LDS, Mormon, Latter-Day Saint, Book of Mormon, Bible, Christianity, Jesus Christ, Heavenly Father, Faith, Love, Charity, Hope, Obedience, Righteousness, Diligence, Temple Square, Gordon B. Hinckley, Thomas S. Monson, Henry B. Eyring, Boyd K. Packer, L.Tom Perry, Russell M. Nelson, Dallin H. Oaks, M. Russell Ballard, Joseph B. Wirthlin, Richard G. Scott, Robert D. Hales, Jeffery R. Holland, Dieter F. Uchtdorf, David A. Bednar, Quentin L. Cook
We’d love to have you join us!
When I Posted
July 2014 M T W T F S S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Simplicity Storms & struggles Sadness & strife These are but gifts Blessings of life We ride the cycles of happiness and sorrow. With every rotation we learn more of what it is to be human, to have strains, to have challenges, to have difficulties. To recognize that these down times are but part of the whole…
- After All We Can Do After All We Can Do by Elder Claudio D. Zivic I heard a friend ask this last week, "how long must I continue trying so hard?" and quickly thought, well, that's easy to answer; we should do all that we can do for the WHOLE of our mortal lives. That's what life is all about,…
- Live by Faith and Not by Fear Live by Faith and Not by Fear Elder Quentin L. Cook Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles "When we choose to follow Christ in faith rather than choosing another path out of fear, we are blessed with a consequence that is consistent with our choice (see D&C 6:34-36)." Recently in my life I've been…
- Opening Our Hearts – Elder Gerald N. Lund The Holy Ghost is a precious gift... Do I harden my heart? Then I'll receive LESS of the Lord's word. Do I soften my heart? Then I'll receive MORE of the Lord's word. Responsibilities of the Holy Spirit... comforts, teaches, warns, enlightens and inspires us. It will show unto you ALL things what you should…
- Watching Grass Grow This started as a comment I posted on the imported Facebook Note of my blog post Simplifying Stuff that I felt deserved it's own showing on the floor room of my blog. So, during this last conference I had an interesting experience. I hadn't felt solid strength in conference for some time, ESP not like…
- He is Risen…He is Risen Indeed! I had a great week leading up to Easter today. I enjoyed studying about the last week of our Savior and felt closer to Him as I did so. I often feel the pull of the world and today, to know that through Christ's resurrection I have life was a good feeling. Though I walk…
- A Royal Priesthood & A Baby Blessing A Royal Priesthood President Thomas S. Monson “Ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.” ~ 1 Peter 2:9 Such an appropriate talk for "a would be king" that…